FastForward Eligible Program: To qualify for FastForward programs, you must meet the Virginia Domicile requirements. Virginia "domicile" means you have lived in Virginia for at least one year and intend to stay indefinitely. A domicile determination form will be part of your registration process. If you qualify, you will pay one-third (1/3) of the cost of the program. If you have a financial need, you may also qualify for Financial Assistance (FANTIC) that can pay 100% of your third.
FASTFORWARD COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE PROGRAM PRICING:
STEP 1: REGISTER WITH ANCORA
- Regular/Full Price: $4,500
- FastForward Price: $1,500
- FastForward plus FANTIC Price: $0 *
* You must come into the Workforce Solutions office to apply for FANTIC prior to enrolling in the class.
- Students must register with Ancora (ancoraed.com/centralvirginia) before enrollment at CVCC.
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license. This license does not have to be issued in the state of Virginia. The program is able to test a student with any license issued within the United States.
- Be a qualified Virginia Resident (domiciled) to qualify for FastForward pricing. If you are not a Virginia resident or do not qualify for FastForward, you would pay the regular/full price of the program.
- The ability to pass a DOT physical and a drug screen prior to the start of class.
- Students should possess a CDL Learner's Permit prior to registering for the program. Students should go to their local DMV office to obtain their CDL Learner's Permit. Refer to the Commercial Driver License Manual for test prep.
STEP 2: REGISTER WITH CVCC
Call us at 434.832.7607 or come into our office in Merritt Hall room 5108. We will:
- Assist you with completing the FastForward agreement
- Discuss tuition assistance options if you qualify financially
- Provide you with a Commercial Driver License Manual
- Assist you with the CDL specific registration process that provides a voucher for your DOT physical and drug screening
With a national and local CDL driver shortage, trucking companies are hiring! Local, regional and national employers cannot find enough commercial drivers.