This course provides the basic concepts and skills to start being productive with Microsoft Excel 2016. Students will learn how to create, save, share and print worksheets that contain various kinds of calculations and formatting.
The course assumes students know how to use a computer, and are familiar with Microsoft Windows.
Topics may include (dependent on skill level of students)
- How to open and interact with Excel and how to save and close workbooks
- How to enter various kinds of data, how to enter formulas and functions, how to move and copy data, and how to use the various reference types
- How to format text and numbers, how to align text, and how to apply borders and styles to cells and ranges
- How to paste options, insert, delete and hide data in worksheets
- Data entry shortcuts
- How to create charts, change their type, and insert and control the elements they contain
- How to set print options, print and preview workbooks, and create headers and footers.